House & Grounds
Please note :
* Lawns at this site are maintained organically and chemical-free
* The pond occupied by waterlilies and frogs is bordered by organically-maintained flower gardens.
* The vegetable garden is maintained organically with no-chemical fertilizers or weed-control.
* All accommodations are pet-free since October 2010.
* No-Smoking is the rule everywhere indoors or outdoors .:
* All cleaning and washing uses only natural, organic and chemical-free products
By-the-Pond Bed & Breakfast is located at 9604 Northumberland County Road 2 East, about 2 Km. east of the Town of Cobourg and about 8 km west of the Village of Grafton. Easy to find, the B&B occupies part of a 2 1/2 story red brick Century Farmhouse on 1+ acres in the rural countryside of Hamilton Township, on the Waterfront Trail between Toronto and Kingston.
Facing South at the base of a hill, the House overlooks the fruit and vegetable garden. With foundation flower beds on three sides and a cedar deck on the East side to get the morning sun, breakfast can be enjoyed in a pleasant and colourful surrounding. Other flower beds bound a surface-water stone creek North of the deck .
The spring-fed Pond is located at the south west corner of the property, with a tall cedar hedge on the south side, flower beds on the west, north and east sides, and a sitting/sunning area within the east flower bed.
The parking area is out of sight from the County Road and large enough for cars with trailers.
For touring cyclists: this B&B is part of the Ontario by Bike Network and we are cyclists ourselves.
* An overnight lockup is available for touring bicycles and gear.
* A special high-pressure bicycle pump and bicycle tools are available on site.